Item is No Longer Available
- X-10 PRO Brand model number PZZ01 Whole House Home Automation Blocking Filter Phase Coupler.
- Permanent hardwired installation for your home automation system.
- The PZZ01 Whole House Blocking Filter Phase Coupler has a 30: 1 attenuation that blocks X10 signals from crossing from one household to another via the AC powerline. Prevents X10 powerline signals from entering or leaving your home via the AC powerline.
- Also serves as a phase coupler connecting up to 3 phases. Can be used in single, dual, or three phase wiring installations.
- The PZZ01 Whole House Blocking Filter Phase Coupler gets installed between the meter and the breaker panel by passing the AC copper neutral wire thru a channel in the filter.
- For best results, it's recommended that a PZZ01 be installed at both homes experiencing any signal crossings.
- Measurement in inches: (L W D) 3 x 2.5 x 2.75 .
- The PZZ01 Whole House Blocking Filter Phase Coupler is rated for 120/240/277 Volts AC, 60 Hz., 250 Amps.
- UL listed.
- You can view the instructions online for the PZZ01 Whole House Blocking Filter Phase Coupler in PDF format by clicking here.
This is the X-10 PRO brand whole house blocking coupler filter model number PZZ01. You use this if you have problems with X10 signals entering via the powerline from another home. Prevents your X10 powerline signals from leaving via your homes AC wiring. Also serves as a passive phase coupler for up to 3 phase AC systems. The way the PZZ01 works is it senses the presence of X10 signals and generates an offsetting voltage signal to cancel it out. While this will remove any stray signals coming in on the powerline say from your neighbors X10 system, it will also reduce the overall signal strength of your own system. If this happens, you may need to add an XPCR signal booster to make up for the reduced signal strength.
NOTE: The picture shows for use on up to 200 Amp service. You'll receive the newest version for use on up to 250 Amp service. It mainly depends just on the size of the neutral wire if it can fit thru the blocking channel or not.
Compatible with all manufacturer's X10 home automation products including those from but not limited to GE, IBM, HomeLink, Leviton, Magnavox, RCA, Radio Shack, Safety First, Smarthome, Stanley, X10, and X-10 PRO.
Class of X10 home automation device: