- X10 Powerhouse brand model number DS10A.
- Has separate magnetic contacts that make for more easier placement when compared to the DS12A. The biggest problem with the new DS12A's is that half of the contacts are mounted internally. This means you have to mount the sensor itself so it lines up with the second half which in some installations is almost impossible.
- For use with the X10 wireless security systems.
- Sets off the alarm when a protected door or window is opened.
- Requires 2 AA batteries (not included) which can provide up to 1 year of operation.
- For indoor use only. RF transmission range allows it to be placed up to 100 feet from the security system console.
- Color is white. Mounting screws and double sided foam tape for the magnetic contact switches are included.
- You can view the instructions online in PDF format by clicking here.
This is the X10 Powerhouse brand door/window sensor model DS10A for use with any X10 wireless security system base receiver (PS561, SC1200, or DC821) or can be added to any X10 wireless system (DS7000, SC1200, DC8700, SS5400, SS5402). Also works with some of the Radio Shack wireless security systems. When a door or window is opened, the sensor sends an RF signal back to the security console setting off the alarm.
These sensors are first initialized into your security systems console so that they can be recognized. A random code is automatically generated during set-up, which uniquely identifies each sensor. The security console logs-in each of these random codes as the next zone in sequence (up to 16 zones). You can install as many security sensor types (DS10A door/window or MS10A motion sensors) as needed for a total of up to 16. These are self checked every 90 minutes for proper operation. If a sensor does not report in this could mean a weak or dead battery or that it has been tampered with. The security console will not arm if the door/window sensor hasn't reported in, but this can be overridden by pressing the console's BYPASS button. Once it reports back in thru the self-check, the door or window is then protected.
The magnetic switches are the NC (normally closed) type that are more secure than the (NO) normally open type. If a would be intruder were to cut the wire, this would set off the alarm instead of disabling the sensor. Has a MIN/MAX switch so that it can be set to allow a delayed alarm if you use it for a door sensor or an instant alarm if used as a window sensor. If you arm your system in the delayed mode and the switch on the sensor is set to MAX, you are allowed a 30 second delay to enter before the alarm sounds. A handy feature so that you can have time to disarm the system upon entering the house without a security remote in hand. Set it to MIN for the alarm to sound instantly.
When the security system is not armed and set in the RUN 2 mode, the console will sound a pleasant chime each time a protected door or window is opened letting you know someone has entered. Also, the zone indicator on the console will light up.
Class of X10 home automation device:
Security Door/Window Sensor
There have been no reviews written for this product. Be the first to write a review!
Some other products that may interest you.